Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's safer upstairs, away from the purses

There were missed opportunities, drama, surprises, bitter disappointment for some visitors and elation at the end for the hosts.
I suppose that all could have occurred downstairs this morning, as JILL hosted a combined PURSE-BUYING AND CANDLE-PURCHASING PARTY.

I blissfully have no idea of the outcome: I was safely ensconced upstairs, watching soccer on television.

BIRMINGHAM hosted ARSENAL in a game of missed opportunities, drama, surprises, bitter disappointment for some visitors and elation at the end for the hosts.

Arsenal substitute Samri Nasri scored in the 81st minute to give the visitors a lead, only for Birmingham substitute Kevin Phillips to score a dramatic, stoppage-time equaliser for a 1-1 draw.

The draw probably dents Arsenal's title hopes, particularly with Chelsea hammering Aston Villa, 7-1.

I just nipped down the stairs for some food and saw the purses and candles still arrayed in the dining room and living room. I think I'll stay up here and watch Bolton v. Manchester United for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home