Friday, March 26, 2010

Sing Along With Route 1

"Ahem -- Fa la la la la la laaaaaa!"
ROUTE 1 is just loosening up the vocal cords. We expect a fair amount of pleasantly singing along to songs today -- the Friday before a THREE-DAY WEEKEND.

Aren't three-day weekends great?

Readers sing along to songs, too, as we learn from the answers to this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:

"What song(s) always makes you sing along?"

RICK T. -- Charlie Pride's "Wonder Could I Live There Anymore". Goes back to when my buddy and I was driving truck together from Florida to Iowa and back. People have friends and they have that one real friend that you can call and talk to. When I hear that song I think of my friend and living back down in Florida.

JOHN S. -- "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi.

KERSTIN H. -- "The Tide is High" by Blondie. I could sing along to it on any day.

KERI M. -- "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas.

SANDYE V. -- Songs from Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals and "The Music Man." Sixties songs.

BEKAH P. -- First and foremost --- "Under Pressure"" by Queen. All time favorite! Then, ELO's "Don't Bring Me Down, Bruce." I like to listen to the Queen song when I'm on deadline, and ELO when somebody makes me cranky. And voila! That's my instant recipe for a successful life.

MIKE M. -- My small children and I derive perverse pleasure from belting out the chorus to "The Ballad of Ira Hayes." "Call him drunken Ira Hayes; He won't answer anymore; Not the whiskey drinkin' Indian; Nor the Marine that went to war."

JIM S. -- First off, I usually whistle to songs (which invariably irritates Kris and/or the boys) Singing would be worse, so I do that only alone in the car. And, it's usually more screaming that singing, as exemplified by my favorites: "Shattered," by the Rolling Stones; "867-5309 Jenny, Jenny," by Tommy Tutone; "Should I Stay or Should I Go," by the Clash; "Roll Over DJ," by Jet and "I Don't Care Anymore," by Phil Collins.
SASKIA M. -- My daughters and I ALWAYS chime in when we hear "Roses" or "Hey Ya" by Outkast. It's kind of become a family tradition already.
ERIK H. -- There are many, but one that *always* makes me sing along is "What's My Scene" by Hoodoo Gurus. "What's my, what's my, what's my what's my scee-eee-eeeene!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home