Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sun, smiles and some musical gems

That spring in my step? It's because the temperature has finally risen above 60 degrees and the SUN has once more broken through the late-winter gloom.
That smile on my lips? It's because I have been listening to the classic REGGAE on the TROJAN ORIGINALS BOX SET the past couple days.

Eric Donaldson's "Cherry Oh Baby," Tony Tribe's "Red Red Wine," Al Brown's "Here I am Baby (Come and Take Me)" are included, as are some tunes UB40 didn't cover.

There are some real gems on these three CDs, including Ken Parker's "Groovin' Out on Life," Eddie Lovette's "Too Experienced" and Boy Friday's "Version Girl."

Growing up with the covers of these tunes in the late 70s, early 80s, my introduction to the originals has been a musical revelation.

They're the kind of tunes you want to hear when spring has arrived, too. Just take a look at my happy gait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home