Saturday, March 13, 2010

Super Spectacular Five-Year Anniversary Route 1 Extravaganza

Can you believe it?
ROUTE 1 burst on the scene FIVE YEARS AGO today. Perhaps "burst" isn't the appropriate term. More like "snuck" or "meekly entered."

It certainly felt like a burst to me. Looking back on a half-decade of blog posts, it appears I had a lot of music, sports, film and other trivial knowledge stored inside me, ready to pour on out.

To mark today's FIFTH ANNIVERSARY of the blog you're currently reading, here are FIVE WAYS MY LIFE IS DIFFERENT THAN IT WAS FIVE YEARS AGO
.
Five years ago...

5. I was patiently waiting for my favorite sports teams to win meaningful titles (apart from the occasional college conference championship later marred by the arrest of the star quarterback). Now, still waiting for my favorite sports teams to win meaningful... Oh... This one hasn't really changed. Sigh...

4. "I've got to let the dog out" was only a euphemism. Now, I really do need to let the dog out or she'll poop by the door.

3. I could oversleep on a Friday with few consequences. Now, a legion of FRIDAY QUESTION readers awaits! What's that? You guys don't wake up at 6 a.m. to read the freshly minted FRIDAY QUESTION answers?

2. I believed "Edward" and "Jacob" were simply random boys' names. Now, those names represent the epic battle between a teen heartthrob sparkly vampire and a teen heartthrob werewolf who doesn't just change with a full moon.

1. I would e-mail people lengthy missives about music, movies, sports and my life's other passions. Now, I e-mail them to remind them to read about those passions on ROUTE 1.
Thanks for reading everybody.