Friday, April 02, 2010

Things that make ya *CRINGE*

We're talkin' nails-to-the-chalkboard stuff here, folks, as ROUTE 1 readers answer the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What music, movie or TV show makes you cringe?"

JIM S. -- "Roseanne" in any way, shape or form.

BEKAH P. -- Music -- Brittney Spears. Movie -- "Dude, Where's My Car?" TV Show -- "Hannah Montana." I'm gagging as I type...

SANDYE V. -- Most of the so-called "reality" shows, but especially the one with Donald Trump. Ick.

MARY N.-P. -- OMG - Any and all reality TV shows make me cringe so hard I can hardly straighten back out. What is the deal with watching a bunch of "normal" (and I use that term loosely) non-professional people do either every-day or exotic things? I get that daily. If I want to be entertained, I want to watch someone who is trained, schooled, focused and PAID to act/sing/live/whatever...

LAURA C. -- I could never watch "I Love Lucy" as a kid, and I have a hard time with all the current cringecore shows, from "Curb Your Enthusiasm" to "The Office" to "Parks & Recreation." Somehow "Seinfeld" had the right balance of comedy and cringe for me, but everything Larry David has done since has just been way too squidgy.

BRIAN M. -- Boy band music makes me cringe, and, even though I end up watching at least part of it every Monday night, "The Bachelor/ette" makes me cringe.

RICK T. -- "The Exorcist!" I can't watch it.

BRIAN C. -- I enjoy "The Office," but many of the things Michael Scott says and does cause me to cringe.

KERSTIN H. -- Really, any thing on Disney.

JOHN S. -- "The Partridge Family" fits all three.

SASKIA M. -- I know I'm not going to make friends with this, but... country music will make me cringe.

ERIK H. -- I was helping Kerstin create a "boy bands" playlist for her iPod, and I did quite well tolerating the music until we reached New Kids on the Block's 1988 ballad, "Please Don't Go Girl," featuring pre-puberty Joey McIntyre. His "high tenor" made me break out into a cold sweat. Also: My version of Hades would feature "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody" on endless loops on high-definition, big-screen televisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home