Monday, February 01, 2010

Ice, long wait for car, but at least I have this song

"See I reckon you're about an 8 or a 9, maybe even 9 and a half in four beers' time."
I am enjoying my day off today, despite slipping on ICE (AGAIN, the third time this winter) and spending the morning waiting on an oil change and tire rotation for the car, because I am now grooving to a 12-song playlist of THE STREETS on my iPod.

"But there's just one little thing that's really really, really really annoying me about you you see, yeah yeah like I said you are really fit, but my gosh don't you just know it."

The 12 songs represent the U.K. Top-40 singles Mike Skinner (a.k.a. The Streets) released between October 2001 and September 2008.

My favorite of the dozen is "FIT BUT YOU KNOW IT," the No. 4 hit and lead single of second album "A Grand Don't Come for Free."

"So when I looked at you standing there with your horde, I was waiting in the queue looking at the board, wondering whether to have a burger or chips, or what the shrapnel in my back pocket could afford."

Released in April 2004 "Fit But You Know It" spent 15 weeks in the Top 75.

I love it because it is catchy and hilarious. It also seems perfect for a day marred by little annoyances and another dull, grey sky.

"When I noticed out the corner of my eye, looking toward my direction, your eyes locked on my course. I couldn't concentrate on what I wanted to order, which lost me my place in the queue I waited for, yeah."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home