Tuesday, February 02, 2010

"I haven't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978!"

I work a later shift today, so I spent the morning watching the film that ensures I will never try HEROIN.
EWAN MCGREGOR stars as Renton in the great DANNY BOYLE film "TRAINSPOTTING," one of the best films of the 1990s -- British or otherwise.

I like how the film mixes hilarious comedy and heart-breaking drama. Who can ever forget the sight of the dead baby, eh?

Or this exchange during the aborted nature hike:

Tommy: Doesn't it make you proud to be Scottish?

Renton: It's shite being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the f***ing Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. We're ruled by effete a**holes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any f***ing difference!

Then there's the soundtrack. Dead brilliant, it is. I particularly love "Born Slippy" by UNDERWORLD at the climax as well as "Temptation" by HEAVEN 17 at the nightclub.

The actors have all gone on to bigger and better things, and most people will associate Boyle with "Slumdog Millionaire" these days.

Me? I have a soft spot in my heart for "Trainspotting."

2 Comments:

Blogger inger said...

Have you read it? Hands-down the funniest thing I've ever read... had tears streaming down my face.

4:14 PM  
Blogger WEIJYE said...

0824jejeAprès les enfants cortez nike cuir homme sont venus les approbations de la célébrité. Oui, vous pouvez basket nike wmns air max 90 premium noir trouver des paires qui incluent un pricetag de 170 asics running pas cher $. Le nom de marque Bathing Ape, asics gel lyte v rouge et blanche centré sur les expressions fréquentes de la langue japonaise, asics femme soldes «baignant dans l'eau tiède», décrit la jeunesse basket nike tn pas cher japonaise pour les développements les plus récents et les plus asics gel lyte v femme rose appréciés.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home