Friday, October 23, 2009

Funny... no one said "Raskolnikov from 'Crime and Punishment'"

Isn't fiction fun?
It has the benefits of not being real, as opposed to the cat who thought it would be a good idea to lick my head and loudly purr at 4 a.m. today. The cat was all too real.
Groggy but unbowed (well, a little bowed), ROUTE 1 hereby presents this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:
"Is there a fictional character you'd swap places with?"
MIKE D. -- Maybe Indiana Jones, until the spears started flying.
STACEY B. -- I'd swap places with Cindy Lou Who from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Why not live in a place surrounded by Christmas and go on an exciting adventure? I'm not sure she'd care to swap places with me, though.
JEFF T. -- I would switch places with a James for sure- James Tiberius Kirk exploring the cosmos with gunboat diplomacy, or James Bond roaming the globe, protecting the interests of Her Majesty's Government and meeting interesting people of the female persuasion...
KERSTIN H. -- OMEC! I would so swap places with Bella Swan.
MIKE M. -- "Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."
RICK T. -- Superman! Then I'd look for all those people who bullied me when I was a kid. (Called gettin' even!)
GARY D. -- My first thought is Erik Hogstrom. I'm not sure he really exists. In lieu of that, I'd go with Gulliver, of "Gulliver's Travels."
JOHN S. -- I think it would be crazy fun to be Superman!
ERIK H. -- Since I was a kid, I have wanted to swap places with my favorite comic book character, Will Eisner's "The Spirit." Presumed dead, detective Denny Colt instead establishes a base under a cemetery and begins battling the criminal element of Central City. I loved his dress: He wore a small domino mask, blue business suit, red necktie, fedora hat and gloves. I don't think he wore socks, though, and I *know* he didn't have a cat that woke him up at 4 in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home