Monday, October 19, 2009

It's Number One... in my head

I blame Kwasi Danquah for the song stuck in my head.
The British vocalist is better known by his stage name TINCHY STRYDER, and his collaboration with the trio N-DUBZ, "NUMBER ONE," is the song in question.
A native of LONDON'S EAST END, Danquah breaks a few of the hip-hop stereotypes. He is a college graduate, having completed his bachelor's degree in moving image and animation at the University of East London.
I don't know how many of his college film tricks were included in his video (click here to see it), but it is rather fun.
The song is catchy as hell, and became the first titled "Number One" to hit the top spot on the British pop charts. It held the summit for three weeks in May of this year.
I purchased the song this weekend on iTunes -- it is included on a collection of similarly catchy club hits: "NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL DANCE IMPORTS." So far, however, none of the other songs have dominated my consciousness quite like "Number One."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home