Thursday, October 15, 2009

"No but yeah but no but yeah but no..."

I amused myself last night by watching a few episodes of the BBC series "LITTLE BRITAIN" on DVD.
DAVID WALLIAMS and MATT LUCAS shared the comedy spoils in the 2003 first series, playing a variety of off-beat characters.
One of those characters is Lucas' VICKY POLLARD, a fast-talking girl from the wrong side of town.
In her memorable first appearance, she finds excuses for not turning in a school essay:
Mr Collier (instructor): Vicky, it’s been two weeks now and I still haven’t received your essay on Lord Kitchener.
Vicky: No because what happened was was I was going round Karl’s but then this whole fing happened because Shelley Todd who’s a bitch anyway has been completely going around saying that Destiny stole money out of Rochelle’s purse but I ain’t never not even spoken to Rochelle ‘cause she flicked ash into Michaela’s hair.
The printed word cannot do justice to Lucas' Vicky, because the character is actually saying lines at what appears to be 100 mph.
Mr Collier: Vicky, I’m not interested in that. I’m more interested in your coursework.
Vicky: No because what happened was was this whole fing happened what I don’t even know nuffin about because Ashley Cramer has been going around saying that Samantha’s brother smells of mud but anyway shut up I ain’t never even stole no car so shut up.
Mr Collier: Vicky, have you even started this essay?
Vicky: No but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah no but yeah but no because I’m not even going on the pill because Nadine reckons they stop you from getting pregnant.
Laughing along -- even during those moments when I was not entirely sure what was going on -- was a great way to relax last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home