Monday, October 12, 2009

Later, I'll wrap myself in a Union Jack and sing "God Save The Queen"

These slate-grey skies, the cider I'm sipping, the vintage ska bubbling out of my iPod's earbuds -- it has surely stoked my anticipation for my trip to LONDON (26 Dec. to 5 Jan).
I took a VACATION DAY today -- one of those "MENTAL HEALTH DAYS" you hear so much about.
I have been dreadfully busy at the office, and never really seemed to take a breath after learning of the death of my UNCLE ROGER.
I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen while listening to BBC RADIO 5 LIVE online.
Now, I am sipping the aforementioned cider, listening to ska and wondering if I should drag out my MASSIVE TOTE OF WORLD SOCCER MAGAZINES.
I am thinking the latter sounds like a wonderful idea.
First, however, I want to try to find some information about CAMBRIDGE CIRCUS (pictured) in THE ROUGH GUIDE TO LONDON.
Hmm... I just remembered... I recently watched an episode of "LITTLE BRITAIN" on DVD... then, I purchased fish fillets and waffle fries to make FISH 'N' CHIPS for dinner tonight.
My "Mental Health Day" is turning into a 24-hour period of RIDICULOUS GREAT BRITAIN OBSESSION. What's so "mentally healthy" about that, then?
Oh, I think I might have set a record for ALL CAPS COLORED LETTERING IN A ROUTE 1 POST as well.
I love days off!