Thursday, October 01, 2009

A night of "The Office" helps me recover from the, well, the office

"I don't know where we're going tonight. Obviously Finchy's a sophisticated guy, and Gareth's a culture vulture, so you know will it be opera, ballet? I don't know. I know the RSC's in town, so er... having said that at Chasers, it's Hooch for a pound and Wonderbras-get-in-free night tonight. So I don't know, I don't know who'll win, it's exciting. I'm staying out of it."
Tim's speculative view of a night on the town in Slough is just one of the highlights of what is probably my favorite episode from the first season of the original British series, "THE OFFICE."
I watched "NEW GIRL" last night on DVD.
It is consistently hilarious.
Brent hires a new secretary despite the threat of redundancies at the branch.
While he is choosing a pretty young blonde, he learns his friends' daughter, Donna, is sleeping with someone in the office.
DAVID: I'd have preferred it if you'd slept with Gareth.
DONNA: It wouldn't happen.
DAVID: Oh Why? 'Cos he didn't go to university?
DONNA: No, 'Cos he's a little weasel-faced arse.
DAVID: Yeah, you could do worse then Gareth. He hasn't missed one day in this office due to ill health. And don't call my second-in-command an arse-faced weasel, please?
DONNA: A weasel-faced arse.
DAVID: Same thing.
DONNA: Well no it's not. Gareth would you rather have a face like an arse or a face like a weasel?
GARETH: A weasel probably.
Classic stuff, and the perfect antidote following a busy day at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home