Friday, October 02, 2009

E-X-T-I-N-C-T Find out what it means to me!

It's a simple, three-step process. ROUTE 1 authorities pose a weekly question, loyal readers reply with an answer and at the end of every week, the world enjoys another FRIDAY QUESTION.
Here's this week's!
"If you could bring something extinct (place, thing, animal, TV show, etc.) back to life, what would you choose?"
SCOUT S. -- I break my years' long silence to tell you that I would like the series "Firefly" to have a second chance at life. Oh sure, I could vote for some goddamned cute fuzzy extinct animal, or the world trade center, or whatever, but I'm making my vote count for something IMPORTANT.
JEFF T. -- "W K R P in Cincinnati!" and a baby stegosaurus.
MARY N.-P. -- This might seem mundane, but coming from a seldom-TV watcher it's a big deal. I'd bring back the David Lynch series, "Twin Peaks," the best television ever produced (also the wildest and weirdest). Oh and the brontosaurus -- wouldn't they be a hoot clumping around fields and towns?
KERSTIN H. -- "Gilmore Girls," because it was an awesome show.
JIM S. -- It would have to be a dinosaur of some kind. Perhaps a few pterodactyls could make their homes on the bluffs near Dubuque. TH photographer Dave Kettering -- known for his photos of eagles -- could go out with his camera, get scooped up by a pterodactyl and end up taking some aerial photos. Would be fun to watch!
SASKIA M. -- Clean air and a healthy environment.
BRIAN C. -- The Chicago Cubs' World Series prospects.
MICHAEL M. -- I've heard that Varsity Laundromat at 1111 Loras Blvd., used to be Varsity Theater. I'd love to form a non-profit organization to turn the laundromat back into a movie theater, and then show the movies that were originally shown there for free.
ERIK H. -- I'll go with the passenger pigeon. As recently as 200 years ago, they were among the most common birds in North America. Pigeon meat was recognized as cheap food, especially for slaves and the poor, which led to a catastrophic hunting campaign. The last known passenger pigeon in captivity died in 1914. I would bring them back to right a grievous wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home