Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A funny film about redemption

Tennis Announcer 1: That's 72 unforced errors for Richie Tenenbaum. He's playing the worst tennis of his life. What's he feeling right now?
Tennis Announcer 2: I don't know, Jim. There's obviously something wrong with him. He's taken off his shoes and one of his socks and... actually, I think he's crying.
I watched one the WES ANDERSON film "THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS" on DVD last night.
The film has grown on me, and I particularly like it because of its theme of redemption.
There's forgiveness and unsuspected or emerging goodness throughout this film, even in characters not always shown in the best light.
Royal: Richie, this illness, this closeness to death... it's had a profound affect on me. I feel like a different person, I really do.
Richie: Dad, you were never dying.
Royal: ...but I'm gonna live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home