Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Maybe I really *AM* Australian?

BRILLIANT BLUE SKIES overhead, sunroof open, warmth pouring into the car and INXS playing rather loudly on the stereo.
Come to think of it, I also ate some VEGEMITE on toast the other day... perhaps I really should be AUSTRALIAN?
That reminded me of my childhood. As an young elementary school student in CONCORD, CALIF., I struggled with a SPEECH IMPEDIMENT that made people think I was
AUSTRALIAN.
Nope, just a Californian who can't quite pronounce his words properly.
Perhaps ironically, as I grew into an older adolescent, I became a rather incurable ANGLOPHILE.
Still, I own more Aussie CDs than I probably should and I know the difference between BULLDOGS and SHARKS (10 points on the NRL Premiership ladder, after the most recent round of matches). So, maybe I really should be Australian?
That's not what FACEBOOK says. I took the quiz: What Nationality Should You Be and the result was JAPANESE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home