Monday, May 11, 2009

"Don't point!"

I have been enjoying the weather and an extremely funny film on my day off today. "THIS IS SPINAL TAP" makes me laugh every time I see it.
Michael McKean, Harry Shearer and Christopher Guest portray metal gods David St. Hubbins, Derek Smalls and Nigel Tufnel, respectively, in Rob Reiner's spectacularly spot-on "rockumentary."
The film explores every heavy metal cliché imaginable, including the guitarist with the extensive guitar collection.
In my favorite scene, Tufnel displays his guitar collection to documentary filmmaker Marty DiBergi, played by Reiner.
Nigel Tufnel: Look... still has the old tag on, never even played it.
Marty DiBergi: (points his finger) You've never played...?
Tufnel: Don't touch it!
DiBergi: We'll I wasn't going to touch it, I was just pointing at it.
Tufnel: Well... don't point! It can't be played.
DiBergi: Don't point, okay. Can I look at it?
Tufnel: No. no. That's it, you've seen enough of that one.
The scene continues with the famous "these go to 11" line about the loudest of amps.
Surely, "This is Spinal Tap" is among the funniest films made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home