Saturday, May 02, 2009

"That's impossible, that's im... that's impossible, that's imposs.."

I always thought people set off for Hollywood in a bid for stardom.
TRANSLATOR took the opposite route.
Steve Barton (singer/songwriter/guitarist), Larry Dekker (bassist), Dave Scheff (drummer) and Robert Darlington (guitarist/songwriter) left LOS ANGELES to find fame in SAN FRANCISCO as Translator, one my the great Bay Area bands of the 1980s.
I was just listening to Translator while walking the dog.
Translator signed to 415 RECORDS back in the early 80s, joining the likes of Wire Train, Pearl Harbor & The Explosions and Romeo Void.
"EVERYWHERE THAT I'M NOT," the band's signature song, is one of those tunes that easily lodges itself in your head. I am still singing along and it isn't even playing!
"'Cause that's impossible, that's im... That's impossible, that's imposs... That's impossible, that's impossible."
I have been listening to a fair amount of older music the past couple days. I guess I am feeling a bit nostalgic as my birthday approaches.

"'Cause you're in New York, but I'm not. You're in Tokyo, but I'm not. You're in Nova Scotia, but I'm not. Yeah, you're Everywhere That I'm Not Yeah, you're Everywhere That I'm Not Yeah, you're Everywhere That I'm Not I'm Not, I'm Not, I'm Not."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home