Friday, May 01, 2009

They say it's your BIRTHDAY

It's FOUNDER'S BIRTHDAY time again here at ROUTE 1 HQ (May 3, if you're wondering).
Readers help celebrate by answering the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What is your favorite birthday memory?"
RICK T. -- Seeing my friends at my 50th birthday.
MARY N.-P. -- No ponies or new cars or anything. I guess it would be my 60th - a week ago, when my sister and daughter (and their men) drove/flew in to surprise me. We had a party at a favorite Mexican restaurant for everyone and they made large posters of photos from my life (many embarrassing)and gave a lot of gag gifts. It just felt good to have made it this far in good health.
KERI M. -- This past one, because I had three birthdays!
JOHN S. -- When I was 6 my parents gave me a Tonka fire truck that I could hook to the garden hose and actually spray water from the fire hoses on the truck. Man, I loved that thing.
MIKE M. -- I was a sulky adolescent, so I put on an awful pout when my parents dragged me out to "run errands," that is until I realized they were actually taking me to my then favorite restaurant, Long John Silver's, and to see the latest James Bond flick, "Moonraker," featuring the steel-toothed Jaws and enticing Holly Goodhead.
STACEY B. -- I was standing by the family car on my 13th birthday when my little sister told me to not look at my surprise birthday presents in the trunk. I still pretended to be surprised as I walked through the door of a local hotel room a half hour later for a very cool February pool party.
ERIK H. -- I have many favorites, but May 3, 1995 stands out. I turned 29 while covering a day-long meeting of the Lake County Commissioners (the Oregon version of county supervisors). A delivery person arrived in the middle of a discussion on land use bearing candy and balloons from my wife Jill. The commissioners resumed their land-use discussion while munching chocolates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home