Saturday, April 11, 2009

The gulf between what I said and what actually happened is... wide

Shows you how much I know.
Didier Drogba scored his second goal of the game, CHELSEA took a 4-0 lead at home against BOLTON WANDERERS, and I said to anyone who would listen:
"The gulf in quality is so vast, Bolton don't even look like keeping possession, much less scoring in this match."
Good thing only the cats and the puppy were listening to me (My wife Jill only pretended to listen while reading the newspaper). Bolton didn't listen to me, which is just as well. My assessment was well wide of the mark!
The visitors scored three times in eight minutes and came agonizingly close to securing a draw in one of the most exciting televised PREMIER LEAGUE matches I have seen in ages.
Chelsea's eventual 4-3 victory keeps them in the title hunt, as both MANCHESTER UNITED and LIVERPOOL also won.
This year's Premiership title race is so much more entertaining than in year's past, when one team (either Man. Utd. or Chelsea) seem to dominate from the start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home