Wednesday, April 08, 2009

"Electric Blue" in my head and a chill in my feet

IVA DAVIES reportedly named his SYDNEY band ICEHOUSE because of his cold apartment.
The girls put away my slippers last night, so this morning, I can relate to Davies' experiences. My feet are FREEZING!
I also have the 1987 Icehouse hit "Electric Blue" hopelessly stuck in my head.
That's probably because I listened to an Icehouse compilation right before falling asleep last night.
"Electric Blue" (No. 7 in America and No. 1 Down Under) and "Crazy" (No. 14 U.S., No. 4 Australia) were the band's only Top-40 hits in the states, but Icehouse did well enough at home to gain entry to the ARIA HALL OF FAME in 2006.
"With various incarnations, Icehouse delivered an incredible body of work for over 20 years," states the ARIA press release on the induction. "With an uncompromising approach to music production they created songs that ranged from pure pop escapism to edgy, lavish synthesised pieces."
Originally known as Flowers, Icehouse produced eight Top10 Aussie albums and 20 Top-40 Aussie singles.
They were also effective at landing catchy songs in the heads of people with cold feet and no idea what happened to their slippers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home