Monday, March 30, 2009

It's like, TOTALLY AWESOME

It was probably another rainy day in Vancouver when the Payola$ recorded "Eyes of a Stranger," and snow could have been falling when The Flirts put "Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime)" on tape.
I'll never know and I don't really care: These songs are on an album that always makes me think of cloudless blue skies and warm weather.
The "VALLEY GIRL" soundtrack is blaring from the car stereo speakers today, and it's like, TOTALLY AWESOME.
Any album that kicks off with The Plimsouls' "A Million Miles Away" is fine in my book. This album follows that classic with Josie Cotton's delightfully non-PC "Johnny, Are You Queer" and the aforementioned "Eyes of a Stranger" before launching into the great Sparks' song "Angst in My Pants."
The Psychedelic Furs' "Love My Way" is on there. So is Felony's jerky little number "The Fanatic."
There's more Josie and more Plimsouls, too. It's NEW WAVE when it was new.
Did I mention "I Melt With You" by Modern English?
It's a great "sunny day" record, which makes it perfect for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home