Friday, March 27, 2009

How come everybody answers the FRIDAY QUESTION when it's about pizza?

The ROUTE 1 staff can never agree on PIZZA toppings, so we end up ordering a Frankenstein's monster version: a quarter taco, a quarter pepperoni, a quarter some gross thing that has some sort of mayonnaise and bacon on it and "a quarter with everything on it, so the girls will leave it alone and you can have the leftovers for your lunch."
Sigh...
Pizza eating is such an individualistic pursuit (apparently), we have dedicated this week's FRIDAY QUESTION to it:
"What is your favorite pizza topping or style of pizza?"
BRIAN C. -- Canadian bacon, mushroom and, if the wife doesn't mind, sauerkraut.

STACEY B. -- My favorite pizza topping is pepperoni, but my all-time favorite pizza is chicken Alfredo. It's very yummy!
LAURA C. -- Thin-crust Neapolitan with arugula and prosciutto....heaven!
KERI M. -- We had a great one a couple of months ago. Feta, portobello mushroom and hot peppers. So good.
RICK T. -- Cheese, Sausage & Mushroom!!!
KERSTIN H. -- Sausage and pepperoni. A classic.
JIM S. -- I'm a meat-lovers pizza man, but I have to mention a most interesting – and surprisingly tasty - pizza we would get while I worked for the Gillette ( Wyo. ) News-Record. The toppings were pineapple and shrimp. A little local pizza place specialized in it. I cringed when I first heard about it, but as we'd eat back in the composing room almost 30 years ago, it really was good. Wonder if they still have it?
ELLEN B. -- Taco pizza from Happy Joe’s
MIKE D. -- Canadian bacon from Shot Tower Inn and taco from Happy Joe's.
BEKAH P. -- I don't know if this counts, but butter. I love butter on the crust.
MARY N.-P. -- A gyro pizza is the all-time best - sauerkraut or anchovies are my favorite toppings (and not always available).
INGER H. -- "The Little Star" at Little Star pizza is a form of pizza perfection. Fresh, bright spinach, sharp feta and sweet plum tomatoes make this deep dish pizza a force to be reckoned with. I always eat too much of it. It's hard not to!
MIKE M. -- As long as it's on someone else's pizza, my favorite topping is a fried egg. I personally do not partake in such tomfoolery, though.
LISA Y. -- Happy Joe's Taco -- an Iowa favorite! Of course then there's Ben's Other from Falbo's, or the chicken, bacon & artichoke from Papa Murphy's. And I love breakfast pizza from Casey's!
ERIK H. -- I really enjoy the pizza from Little Star Pizza in San Francisco . Away from San Francisco , I generally prefer Canadian bacon and pineapple on a thin crust and with a tangy tomato sauce. I also love homemade deep-dish pizzas with as many toppings as we can cram onto them (except for mushrooms).