Friday, February 06, 2009

Up and moving with Friday Question

Whew! Nothing beats a brisk walk on the treadmill -- or a similar exercise regime -- as long as you have some good tunes to keep you moving.
ROUTE 1 readers share their own songs that spark by answering the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What songs got you up and moving this week?"
MIKE D. -- A couple of rocking songs have been going through my head this past week.
One is Robert Palmer's "Bad Case of Lovin' You." The other is "Rich Little Girl," a song by the Dubuque-area rock band Tussle, from the D93 Basement Tapes II album from 1981.
RICK T. -- The Elvis song "G.I. Blues."
JIM S. -- Perfect timing for this week's question, Erik. I'm here at work early and set my iPod to the "Erik songs" playlist. The song "Don't Want to Know Why" by Whiskeytown just finished playing and... "Let Your Yeah be Yeah," by the Pioneers just came on. These are from early CDs you made for me during a tougher time in my life and they helped get me up and moving back then, too.
KERI M. -- "The Bear Necessities" from "The Jungle Book" and "Poker Face" by Lady Ga Ga.
BEKAH P. -- My fiancé and I just booked our honeymoon in Jamaica, and the trip includes a tour of Bob Marley's home and final resting place. So that means I have been grooving to the likes of "Buffalo Soldier," "I Shot the Sheriff" and "Redemption Song." But as for non-tropic tunes, I have been revisiting my favorite Beatles album, "Rubber Soul," which features my favorite fab foursome song ever -- "In My Life." Another recent favorite from that CD is "I'm Looking Through You."
KERSTIN H. -- "Sober" by Pink. She's awesome.
MIKE M. -- "The Old Durham Waltz" by Jez Lowe, and a half bottle o' wine.
ERIK H. -- My friend Clint and his wife Alisha had their first child recently, and my friend is a huge Pixies fan, so I listened to the Pixies while on the treadmill. "Debaser" really got me going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home