Sunday, February 01, 2009

Torres is Super on Sunday

I have to work on SUPER BOWL SUNDAY for the second time in my decade at the newspaper.
I believe I will be interviewing people watching the game.
Before I leave home, though, I have been watching a rather special game myself on television.
FERNANDO TORRES scored two late goals as LIVERPOOL beat 10-man CHELSEA, 2-0, in their Premier League encounter at Anfield.
Chelsea should feel wronged: The red card referee Mike Riley showed Frank Lampard did not seem deserved.
It looked as if Chelsea would hold out for a goalless draw for most of the remainder of the match, until Torres headed in a cross for his first Anfield goal since leading SPAIN to the European Championship this summer.
"El NiƱo" added a second deep into injury time for the Reds, who now trail leaders Manchester United by two points.
I hope the Cardinals and Steelers produce as enthralling a display, although I fear I won't get to see all of today's stateside big game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Webbie - FootieAndMusic said...

Blinding day for football.
Both kinds.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home