Monday, January 26, 2009

Kovalev, Marty and the Roadrunner

It was fun watching DU MATCH DES ÉTOILES DE LA LIGUE NATIONALE DE HOCKEY (the NHL All-Star game) on television last night.
Hosted by
MONTRÉAL, the game featured an entertaining mix of the legends of hockey past and the stars of the current game.
ALEX KOVALEV, star of the hometown LES CANADIENS DE MONTRÉAL, scored two breakaway goals and then scored in the shootout to help give the EASTERN Conference All-Stars a 12-11 victory over the WEST.
Kovalev became the Canadiens' fifth All-Star game MVP along with Jean Beliveau (1964), Henri Richard (1967), Peter Mahovlich (1976) and Mark Recchi (1997).
My favorite pair of moments from last night's game featured two QUÉBEC natives:
1) I loved the wrap-around goal by MARTIN ST. LOUIS in the second period.
2) I cheered when the public address announcer introduced YVAN COURNOYER. "The Roadrunner" was my dad's favorite hockey player, and I heard a lot about him growing up.

1 Comments:

Blogger João Cristina said...

Hello. Nice Blog ! Keep up the god work, and you can visit my blogs too ! Thank you . João Cristina

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home