Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Question, singular? This looks like TWO questions!

ROUTE 1 readers are an inquisitive bunch, judging from the answers to this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What musician (past or present) would you like to sit down and chat with?
What would you ask?"
BEKAH P. -- Madonna. And the one question I would ask her is, "What the heck were you thinking?"
BRIAN M. -- Robert Plant. Even if he's not keen on talking about Led Zeppelin, I'd love to talk to him about his love of early rock 'n' roll and R&B, what he was trying to do on his first solo albums in the 80s, and what his future musical ideas might be like. I've watched a number of interviews with him, and find him to be a great storyteller.

RICK T. -- Hoot Hester (fiddle player with the Grand Ole Opry's staff band). "Will you record with me?"
MARY N.-P. -- OK, so maybe a lot of people won't recognize him, but Patrick Hazell, of Washington, Iowa has often been called one of Iowa's founding bluesmen. He's a one-man band besides. He doesn't tour as much any more (except in Europe), but whenever he was in the area, we tried to catch his gig and on breaks he'd sit with us. We'd get into heated political discussions -- Pat's a very vocal Libertarian -- and he'd always go over his break time and have to be reminded to start playing again. I'd love to do that again.
ANNIKA H. -- McFly. "Why don't you come to America before you go to Greece?"
KERI M. -- I would like to chat with my brother-in-law, who is in Irish Plantation Orchestra, but it was boys' night supper at my parents' house, so I wasn't invited.
KERSTIN H. -- I would talk to George Harrison. I would ask, "What was it like being in The Beatles during their golden age?"
MIKE D. -- Mama Cass, and I'd ask, "Are you gonna finish that sandwich?" Just kidding!!! Probably Paul McCartney, and ask, "So, what was the deal with 'Ob-La-Di?'"
ERIK H. -- Robert Johnson. "Bob, what really happened down at the crossroads?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home