Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A great day for the Giants

I was hoping I would hear this news today.
TIM LINCECUM became the second SAN FRANCISCO GIANT to win the NATIONAL LEAGUE CY YOUNG AWARD for the league's top pitcher, the first Giant to win since Mike McCormick in 1967.

Known for his whirling motion and devastating strikeout totals, Lincecum claimed 23 of 32 first-place votes, seven second-place votes and one third-place vote.
Last season, Lincecum went 18-5 with a 2.62 ERA and led the majors with 265 strikeouts.
I waved my little Giants pennant at Cubs fans at work this afternoon. It was such a great day for the Giants!

1 Comments:

Blogger inger said...

I love how pictures of pitchers always have them in these seemingly impossible physical positions. Like... how do you DO that??!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home