Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Lions even the series

I am groggy, recovering from a busy night at the newspaper. I posted 51 election-night updates to the newspaper Web site.
About the time that I returned home from a historic night, TAKAYUKI KISHI (pictured) was making some history of his own.
Kishi became the 12th pitcher to throw a shutout in his JAPAN SERIES debut, striking out 10 and walking one as the SAITAMA SEIBU LIONS blanked the YOMIURI GIANTS, 5-0, to even the series as two games apiece.
Kishi was the first hurler to accomplish the feat since former Yomiuri pitcher Takashi Nishimoto in 1981.

Takeya Nakamura hit a pair of two-run homers to help lift the Lions to the victory. Nakamura led the PACIFIC LEAGUE with 46 homers this season.
Well, enough lazing around the house, thinking about baseball. I need to prepare to return to work after my busy night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home