Saturday, November 08, 2008

Is this how it feels in Saskatchewan?

I am gazing out my window at snowflakes fluttering past the leafless trees -- in early November? Sigh... I wonder if it is like this in SASKATCHEWAN?
Actually, whenever I want to learn about the prairie province, I can visit the blog of loyal ROUTE 1 reader and my friend, KERI. Her blog, IF I JUST LAY HERE, is located here. It is always an interesting read.
As everyone knows, it is a time-honored fact that IT'S GOOD TO HAVE A FRIEND IN SASKATCHEWAN.
For example, through Keri, I can follow the momentous exploits of the SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS football team. Although she admittedly only possesses an average amount of RIDER PRIDE, Keri and her boyfriend traveled from Saskatoon to Regina last month to attend the Riders' 55-9 CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE victory over Edmonton.
The victory was important, because it put the Riders in a position to host a home playoff game -- held later today.
The Roughriders face the Lions at Regina's Taylor Field, with the winner playing Calgary next week. Saskatchewan finished second in the West at 12-6. The third-place Lions are 11-7. Last year, the Roughriders participated in their first home playoff game since 1988, defeating the Stampeders 26-24.
So, to answer my original question: No, this morning is not like Saskatchewan -- nobody has splashed green paint all over their faces. GO RIDERS!!!
UPDATE:

The B.C. Lions took advantage of seven Riders turnovers, including a 54-yard interception return for a touchdown by Ryan Phillips, in a 33-12 win in the Canadian Football League's West semifinal this afternoon.
At least MY BELOVED OREGON DUCKS won!

1 Comments:

Blogger Everyday Matheson said...

YAY! I gots a shout out!
This means that I have to do a blog post.
I was working when the final game was on,
but Scott watched it,
and my parents were at the game. They said that the crowd quieted suddenly after the first play.

I can not cheer for Calgary, and as much as BC may or may not have deserved this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/59923-september-2008-bc-lions-sk-riders-madness

I will look for the video of it, it looked like a rain storm

I will hope that BC wins becasue my friend used to play for BC.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home