Sunday, October 12, 2008

Music to fry chicken with on a Sunday

You will have to excuse me. I am a lil' tipsy, I am fryin' chicken and listenin' to BLIND WILLIE JOHNSON.
"If you have never heard Blind Willie Johnson," wrote Cub Koda, "you are in for one of the great, bone-chilling treats in music."
We make SOUTHERN STYLE FRIED CHICKEN in my house, and that means WAFFLES and SYRUP.
Huh?
I can't explain it, either, except that the syrup on the waffle serves a similar purpose as the COCA COLA with the HAM.
Koda describes the sound of Johnson as "a lot of stark, harrowing emotional commitment, no matter how you slice it. Not for the faint of heart, but hey, the good stuff never is."
The low voice of Johnson sounds like it is coming direct from the mountaintop, if you know what I mean.
I am not entirely sure what I mean myself, unfortunately, because as I explained before:
I am
a lil' tipsy, I am fryin' chicken and listenin' to Blind Willie Johnson.
AMEN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home