Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Nikkei is down and so is my dog's IQ

The world financial crisis continued today, with Japan's NIKKEI 225 Average tumbling to close 952.5 points, or 9.4 percent, lower at 9203.32 for its worst single-day percentage drop in years.
I shouldn't really be paying attention to the news today -- I am on VACATION!
I can't help myself, though, because I have always been a bit of a news junkie.
Soon, the girls and I will leave for the QUAD CITIES and the airport, to pick up my mom and stepfather, visiting from RENO.
Now, however, I am refereeing the latest disputes between the cats and RORY, THE OUTSIDE POTTY CHALLENGED PUPPY.
"BARK! BARK-BARK
-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK!"
The cry of absolute fear came from the upstairs bedrooms.
"BARK! BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK!"
Which cat had cornered the frightful puppy this time? Not the black cat, reclining over there.
"BARK! BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK!"
Not the white cat, sitting on the dining room table and wondering what I am doing home on a Wednesday morning.
"BARK! BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK-BARK!"
I stepped upstairs to investigate.
There was Rory, cowering at the latest threat to her well being... THE GIANT BLUE EXERCISE BALL.
The standing joke in our house is that we did not purchase Rory for her brains. This morning was a prime example
. If Rory was a stock index... I shudder to think!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I actually received type-written anonymous letter in the mail from a neighbor about my dog Scout's incessant barking. Scout still barks, of course, at squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, moles, the wind, etc., but now she's accompanied by my yelling, screaming and cursing. I should post my neighbor's letter on the Dubuquer blog under the heading, "Dubuque's Naughtiest Dog." Heh!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home