Friday, October 03, 2008

Pursuits that don't cost a penny

Even the people who can't agree if it is a RECESSION or a DOWNTURN can agree that there isn't as much in pocketbooks these days.
ROUTE 1 readers provide a guide to CHEAP ENTERTAINMENT by answering the following FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What is your favorite thing to do that is free?"
MIKE D. -- Just being outdoors, enjoying the sights, sounds and scents of nature.
BRIAN C. -- (Though I do spend money on beer and food), visit with folks at ALL THAT JAZZ.
RICK T. -- Enjoy each day!
MARY N.-P. -- It's so simple, I'm embarrassed -- gardening. Being outside in the midst of verdant beauty and growing/nurturing living things (not always totally free, but mostly...)
ROSEANNE H. -- Go to the library and pick out any book I want!
ELLEN B. -- Go to all the different parks.
KERI M. -- Go for a walk with my honey along the beautiful Saskatoon river bank.
BEKAH P. -- Sleep... although I could argue that my mattress cost money, as did my pillow, comforters and what not. So, yeah, there it is...
BRIAN M. -- Walk. I'm fortunate to live in a spot that's within a mile of just about everything I need, and I enjoy the exercise and the fresh air. I appreciate having the health to move from one place to another without having to get into my car.
ERIK H. -- Pull a book from the shelf and read (although, I admit the book cost money originally -- but that was pre-financial crisis!). Since April, I have been reading the stories in "The Black Lizard Big Book of Pulps," a collection of crime fiction from the 1920s, 30s and 40s.
NOTE:
Although the blog will continue, FRIDAY QUESTION will not return until TWO WEEKS from today. The ROUTE 1 staff will be taking a much-needed VACATION. Don't worry: It won't cost too much. It's actually a "STAY-CATION."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home