Thursday, October 16, 2008

Limited comfort during a sad, rainy drive home

It rained all the way, to and from the airport in MOLINE, ILL.
ROUTE 1 apprentice ANNIKA and I drove my MOM and STEPDAD to the airport for their return trip to RENO, NEV., yesterday.
I was sad driving back to DUBUQUE.
I hate living so far away from the rest of my family.
Annika couldn't provide much companionship en route home from the airport: She was taking one of those naps in the car that features a back-tilted head and an open mouth. She was ZONKED.
No conversation available, I turned my attention to "SPEAK NO EVIL," the classic album by WAYNE SHORTER.
Trumpeter Freddie Hubbard and pianist Herbie Hancock were among the musicians to back tenor saxophone star Shorter.
I listened closely to songs such as "Witch Hunt," "Infant Eyes" and "Dance Cadaverous."
"Speak No Evil" is one of my most cherished albums, but it offered limited comfort during a sad, rainy drive home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Everyday Matheson said...

I answer your question,

http://www.elections.ca/scripts/pss/InfovoteMain.aspx?L=e&ED=47009&EV=31&EV_TYPE=1&PC=S7N0Z5&Prov=&ProvID=&MapID=&QID=-1&PageID=21&TPageID=

That is my voting information.
I voted PC,
mainly becasue I don't think that the Prime Minister has done anything wrong to the country.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home