Thursday, September 18, 2008

Go, go, go little Queenie!

I needed something to get me going this morning.
How about a little QUEEN?
I grabbed the "QUEEN GREATEST HITS" CD and hit the car stereo button until I landed on Track No. 10 and the glorious "NOW I'M HERE."
Released in 1975, "Now I'm Here" predates "Bohemian Rhapsody" as well as Queen's initial American success.
The template is there, however, for dozens of classic songs to come.
The BRIAN MAY-penned song features searing guitar and the patented multi-tracked vocals of classic Queen.
It certainly fit the bill as a pick-me-up song, as it blared through the speakers as I drove to work.
"Go, go, go little Queenie!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

The kids and I were jamming to Chuck Berry this morning. Five-year-old Rebecca exclaimed, "This is good coloring music!" and broke out her crayons. One of our favorite songs -- "Little Queenie" from January 1959.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home