Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's like a holiday for me!

Although my favorite club, SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY, toil in a division below, the PREMIER LEAGUE remains the sporting diversion that captures the majority of my attention (particularly with the SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS enduring the growing pains of a youth movement).
Soccer is far and away my favorite sport.
So, I have been anticipating today's return to the Premiership season (after 97 days) for weeks. Or months.
Today's live match on FOX SOCCER CHANNEL did not disappoint:
Andre Ooijer scored a stoppage-time winner as visiting BLACKBURN ROVERS defeated EVERTON, 3-2. The match featured several lead changes and plenty of end-to-end action. It was great fun to watch, as I sipped coffee and munched on a bagel.
David Dunn and Roque Santa Cruz also scored for Paul Ince's Rovers, while Mikel Arteta and Yakubu Aiyegbeni (pictured) scored for the David Moyes' Toffees.
Elsewhere, Caleb Folan scored as top-flight debutants HULL CITY opened their Premiership account with a 2-1 win over FULHAM.
I wish I had better news to report about the aforementioned Sheffield Wednesday.
Chris Iwelumo scored twice as WOLVES trounced my beloved Owls, 4-1. Ouch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home