Friday, August 15, 2008

I heard a song and I hated it...

Not all songs make us smile, as ROUTE 1 readers prove by answering this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:
"What current song makes you grit your teeth?" Grrrr....
BRIAN M. -- "Our Song" by Taylor Swift.
BEKAH P. -- Anything by Miley Cyrus.
MIKE M. -- For a political campaign song, "Raisin' McCain" by country star John Rich is especially obnoxious.
RICK T. -- Anything that's hard, metal, rock music. Just a lot of loud amps and really no chord progression. Where's Elvis when ya need him?
KERI M. -- That new, awful one by Kid Rock.
ERIK H. -- "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry is catchy enough to top the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, but if you listen closely to the words and watch Perry's mannerisms during her video, the tune seems to be styled more for titillation than celebration. Perry already seemingly dipped her toe in homophobic waters with her first big single, "Ur So Gay."
I wonder if an identical-sounding song called "I Kissed a Boy," sung by a male, would have made as big a splash into mainstream pop music? I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home