Thursday, August 14, 2008

Memorable and what might have been

I listened to the eponymous final album by SUBLIME during my morning walk.
As I listened to the LONG BEACH, CALIF., band's reggae-infused rock, I watched as fog that had shrouded the bluff of EAGLE POINT PARK was beginning to slowly retreat to the MISSISSIPPI RIVER.
The moment seemed so beautifully serene, and so few people probably witnessed it the say manner I had seen it. The moment was perfect, then, to hear one of the several rocksteady informed (and also rather beautiful) ballads on the Sublime album.
Singer/guitarist/leader BRADLEY NOWELL died from a heroin overdose before the release of this album (the band's third), so we will never know what further musical directions the trio might have taken.
I'm guessing those directions would have been memorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home