Monday, June 23, 2008

G'day Vegemite!

VEGEMITE is growing on me.
The Australian cultural icon is a dark brown food paste made from yeast extract, spread on sandwiches, toast or -- in this case -- my morning bagel.
Men at Work immortalized the excellent source of B vitamins -- "proudly made in Australia since 1923" -- in "Down Under:"
"I said do you speak-a my language? He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich."
I am eating my Vegemite this morning while listening to another classic Australian band, MENTAL AS ANYTHING.
Vegemite, for the uninitiated, boasts a DISTINCTIVE AND POWERFUL TASTE.
I would say it is an "acquired taste," and since I picked up a jar of Vegemite during my trip to SAN FRANCISCO last month, I have been slowly acquiring the taste myself.
Learn more about Vegemite by visiting the company Web site, located here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cooper said...

And I always thought the lyric was and he gave me a bite of my sandwich.
Doesn't make much sense, I know, but neither does
My dog Sam eats purple flowers
or
I am, I said
To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the chair
.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home