Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Member, Rock Facial Hair Hall of Fame

I don't see how DOUG MARTSCH does it.
I don't mean how the BUILT TO SPILL front man writes such catchy songs, or how he makes DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE seem so irrelevant. I don't even mean how he signed to a major label like Warner Bros. and continued to wield such creative control.
No, I just don't see how Martsch can let his BEARD grow so thick and long
Not many people can sustain the GARTH HUDSON (out of The Band) look, and as an occasional beard wearer myself, I can tell you why:
Thick and heavy beards become UNBEARABLY HOT. Food gets caught in there, too. It always drives me crazy. I hate it.
I love Built to Spill, though. I am listening to the album "KEEP IT LIKE A SECRET" now while sipping coffee and waiting to wake up the rest of the family so they can prepare for school and work.
I would place Martsch in a mythical ROCK FACIAL HAIR HALL OF FAME, along with the two guys out of ZZ TOP, DAVID CROSBY, PIGPEN out of the GRATEFUL DEAD and of course Garth, among a few others.
I still don't know how Martsch keeps his beard so thick, though. I just couldn't do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home