Saturday, April 26, 2008

Martin Biron's brilliance makes me frown

There are moments of brilliance that make you just shake your head in amazement or disbelief, or perhaps both.
I shook my head twice tonight because of such brilliance.
The first head-shaking brilliance made me frown: MARTIN BIRON made 34 saves -- many of them from point-blank range -- to deny Montréal as the FLYERS defeated LES CANADIENS, 4-2, in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I was supporting the defeated Habs.
Biron was amazing, though, and Philadelphia deserved to win.
The second head-shaking brilliance made me smile: We were driving home from my father-in-law's house (where we watched the hockey game) and the JOHN COLTRANE solo from MILES DAVIS' "SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME" came fluttering out of the car stereo speakers.
Fluttering, because 'Trane's solo on that song has always reminded me of an aria of a songbird. It is so lyrical and beautiful, it makes me shake my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home