Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Remember Paul Davis?

The PAUL DAVIS song "I GO CRAZY" rolled around in my head this morning, after I read about his death at age 60.
I didn't much care for the ubiquitous 1978 ballad at the time -- it seemed to play continually on the radio when I was 12 years old and desperately seeking more exotic music.
So, it was a bit of a surprise when I read of Davis' death and the song instantly started playing in my head:
"... just when I thought I was over you..."
Yes indeed, I clicked on iTunes and the song is in our iTunes library. It was included on an "Entertainment Tonight" compilation of greatest hits of 1978.
So, now I am listening to "I Go Crazy" as the girls prepare for school. It's not such a bad song, as long as it isn't constantly being played on the radio.