Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A musical confession to make

I admit it: I have always liked the music of Daryl Hall and John Oates.
I mostly like their blend of soul and pop. Some of the lavishly produced stuff from the 1980s does seem dated, but I forgive the duo their flops because of classics such as "Sara Smile," "Rich Girl," "You Make My Dreams" (pay attention to that great arrangement) and the original "Everytime You Go Away," later covered with greater success by British singer Paul Young.
I have been listening to Hall and Oates while driving around today, peering through an ice-encrusted windshield that might not thaw until this weekend.
I am reminded of a cold night in Cedar Rapids, Iowa during the mid-1980s -- a night I saw Hall and Oates in concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home