Wednesday, February 13, 2008

No, not *THAT* Cuba Gooding, *THIS* Cuba Gooding

My friend Jim S. lent us some DVDs of performances from Burt Sugarman's "Midnight Special" television programs of the 1970s. Our two girls love watching the DVDs because the performances offer a rare view of the decade of their parents' youth.
I just watched THE MAIN INGREDIENT perform "Everybody Plays The Fool."
I was shocked at how the mannerisms of the lead singer, CUBA GOODING, seemed to mirror the mannerisms of his Oscar-winning actor son, CUBA GOODING JR.
It was uncanny, but did I notice the similarity because I wanted to see if I could spot similarity?
I don't know.
The facial mannerisms and body language just seemed so eerily similar.
I have always loved that song, but I can't remember the last time I saw The Main Ingredient perform it on television or video. Seeing it tonight felt like a revelation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home