Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Let's drive to the Wombats

Kerstin requested some British radio this morning after our predawn walk, so we clicked on BBC RADIO ONE online and the Edith Bowman Show.
Among the songs we liked were "She's So Lovely" by Scouting for Girls and "Had Enough" by Enemy.
Kerstin was disappointed not to hear McFly. I was disappointed not to hear The Wombats, so I played "Let's Dance to Joy Division" on the iPod as I drove her through the dripping fog to school.
"Let's dance to Joy Division, and celebrate the irony. Everything is going wrong but we're so happy," the Liverpool indie band sings on the new single.
The release of a song that revels in Ian Curtis, Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook and Stephen Morris seems perfectly timed: Anton Corbijn's biopic about the band, "Control," is being released to acclaim.
The track provided the perfect soundtrack to this morning, and I plan to listen to it on repeat en route to work, too.
"So let the love tear us apart, I've found the cure for a broken heart. Let it tear us apart, so let the love tear us apart, I've found the cure for a broken heart."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home