Friday, October 05, 2007

"If I played guitar I'd be..." well, duh, Jimmy Page!

It's a spot of role-playing for ROUTE 1 readers as they answer the following FRIDAY QUESTION***:
"What famous musician do you wish you could have been?"
Mike D. -- Beethoven. His work has lasted for centuries! I don't think he got many chicks, though. I also admire musicians such as Paul McCartney and Prince because they not only compose their own work, but can play virtually all of the instruments needed to produce a record, which Prince apparently did on his first album.
Dave B. -- Gheorghe Zamfir, master of the pan flute -- 50-year-long career, won an overall 120 golden and platinum disc awards and sold over 120 million albums. How can you not want to inspire to be him?
Mike M. -- Kenny Rogers, so I could have my own chicken chain. "It's the wood that makes it good!"
Ellen B. -- Madonna. She rocks!
Rick T. -- Steel guitar player Weldon Myrick, who played with the Grand Ole Opry staff band and recorded with just about everyone who recorded in Nashville in the 60s and 70s.

Erik H. -- I would have liked to have been Led Zeppelin guitar hero Jimmy Page, with the following caveats -- no heroin addiction, no obsessive fondness for Aleister Crowley, no 15-year-old groupies (18 or older only, please) and no bandmates losing children in car accidents and no drummers choking to death after a day of binge drinking. Those aren't too many conditions, are they?
*
**(For our South Korean reader(s) just joining us, FRIDAY QUESTION is a weekly feature in which readers chime in on a variety of topics and I wake up extra early on a Friday morning to type the questions, because if I just try to cut and paste the answers, the font doesn't come out the way I want it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home