Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Predawn garage-rock extravaganza

Whew!
I said a-na na na na na, na na na na na-na-na-na-na-na!
I dialed up a 1959-1969 garage-rock playlist for a predawn, 30-minute walk this morning.
I had forgotten the excitement generated by this largely do-it-yourself early rock.
At one point in the playlist, "La La La La La" by The Blendells gives way to "Land of 1000 Dances" by Cannibal & The Headhunters (pictured), for a great one-town Chicano rock punch.
Later, The Nightcrawlers' wonderful "The Little Black Egg" comes on, sounding like the best JANGLY AMERICAN POP by a band other than The Byrds.
The Seattle thrash-fest "My Woman" by The El Caminos with Woody Carr capped off my morning of music and walking.
That's why I said "WHEW!"

1 Comments:

Blogger musicwontstop@gmail.com said...

Hey nice program for jogging !
I've also elaborated a garage-rock playlist in October'07 based on bands that are bound to haunt our souls !
They come from myspace.
Have fun and please give me some feedback!
Cheers
http://musicwontstop.blogspot.com/2007/10/garage-rock-playlist-1-oct-07.html

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home