Saturday, October 13, 2007

At the top of my Christmas list!

God Bless the University of Illinois Press and author Diane Diekman!
ROUTE 1 reader, good friend and REAL COUNTRY MUSIC STALWART Rick T. alerted us to the publishing of Diekman's FARON YOUNG biography, "Live Fast Love Hard: The Faron Young Story."
You can read about the book here.
I go through so many listening phases -- 1950s jazz, 1960s reggae, 1970s soul, 1980s British heavy metal, 1990s Chicano hip hop -- that my iPod crashes from all the changes.
Some musical artists have never left iPod, however, and Young -- "the Singin' Sheriff" -- tops that list of ever presents.
You can search high and low and find very little information about the Young, the Country Music Hall of Famer. If I could quit my job, I would learn some HTML and create a Web site for Faron. Until that glorious time, however, I need to gather as much about the Louisiana Hayride and Grand Ol' Opry star as possible.
Diekman's book will surely help, so I have placed it at the top of my annual CHRISTMAS LIST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home