Friday, September 14, 2007

Who was your favorite actor/actress as a kid?

Fall is a good time to settle down and watch some films.
ROUTE 1 readers recall some film memories by answering this week's FRIDAY QUESTION:
"Who was your favorite actor/actress when you were a kid?"
Mike D. -- Possibly my first favorite actor – and we're talking about my K-
through-elementary school days – was Johnny Whittaker. He starred in "Family Affair" or, as we called it, "Buffy and Jody." The curly-haired, freckle-faced kid was not much older than me, and went on to star in such Disney productions as "The Biscuit Eater" and "Mystery in Dracula's Castle." Of course, he later appeared in the Sid and Marty Kroft Saturday morning classic "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters" with his co-star from the Dracula film.
Rick T -- Annette Funicello! I think every American boy in the 50s and 60s was in love with Annette.
Ellen B. -- I must admit, Marie and Donnie Osmond from the Donnie and Marie Show.
Mary N.-P. -- Whew, this will really "age" me, but I loved watching anything with Audie Murphy or Richard Burton. I didn't really have a favorite actress.
Roseanne H. -- There were so many, but my favorites were Doris Day (loved her funny movies), Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart.
Brian C. -- If I had to think about this, maybe I didn't have a clear "favorite." But I guess it was Paul Newman. In "Cool Hand Luke," "Butch Cassidy..." and "The Sting" he was, well, cool.
Mike M. -- I had quite a crush on Jane Seymour, from "Battlestar Galactica," the TV miniseries "East of Eden" and the James Bond movie "Live and Let Die.
Erik H. -- When I was a kid, I didn't even know my favorite actor's name. That's because Haruo Nakajima (pictured above) rarely emerged from his heavy Godzilla suit. Nakajima portrayed the famous big monster in 12 films, including one of my favorites from childhood, "Kaiju Soshingeki (Destroy all Monsters)," from 1968. I cherished the times our local Bay Area television stations would broadcast Godzilla movies. All those times, I would marvel at Nakajima's acting ability. Boy, nobody could smash Tokyo quite like he could!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home