Monday, June 25, 2007

"Do you think I'm just anyone? Do you?"

Jill and the girls are out of town, so I was left to my own devices last night.
I spent my time watching David Lean's spectacular "Lawrence of Arabia."
Assigned to Arabia during the First World War, English officer T. E. Lawrence united divergent Arabic tribes and conducted guerrilla raids against the ruling Turkish Empire.
Peter O'Toole stars as Lawrence, and he is surrounded by a wonderful cast.
Omar Sharif plays Ali, one of the closest of Lawrence's comrades.
Alec Guinness plays Prince Faisal, Anthony Quinn plays Auda abu Tayi and Jack Hawkins plays General Allenby.
"Lawrence of Arabia" is a fabulous film, but to enjoy it you must be able to invest the time required (running time of approximately 217 minutes).
I had the time last night, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home