Thursday, April 19, 2007

All hail the king of the grumps!


I am grumpy.
I am parenting alone this week and (most of next) because Jill is on successive business trips to Indianapolis and Sacramento.
Last night, I struggled mightily to get the argumentative (and yelling at each other) girls to clear a path in their clothes-strewn room, just so I could make their bed.
It was so bad that I crawled in bed after they went to sleep and listened to some soft soft jazz piano in the dark.
It was *THAT* bad.
Today the skies are drizzly and dreary, compounding my grumpiness.
Rather than succumb to the gloom, I have decided to EMBRACE it.
I'm going to listen to The Fall today.
Mark E. Smith has been leading Manchester's leading CULT BAND for nearly 30 years. That's three decades of Smith's diatribes against everything you can think of, all set to a post-punk backing. He is the grumpiest man in rock.
Brilliant.
It's just what I need today. Today, I'm grumpy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home